Careless Smokers Causing Fires in Moncton

Smokers in the Moncton area are being urged to be more careful after cigarettes caused a series of fires in the month of June. The Moncton Fire Department tells Global news that unattended cigarettes or buts that weren’t properly put out were to blame for six structure fires in Moncton last month. Some fires were caused by cigarettes left burning inside the home but others were caused by people smoking outside who tossed their still lit cigarettes on the ground. Fire officials warn that still it cigarettes tossed on the ground or from moving vehicles can be blown up against homes or flammable materials and cause serious fires.