Devestating fire for newly-arrived family

A fire in Rothesay Friday evening has cost the Gow family everything.

Chuck Gow, his wife and two daughters had just moved back here because of tough economic times in Alberta. They had just moved into a new home in Rothesay and the girls were excited…but it was chilly. They didn’t have power or water turned out yet, so they lit a fire in the fireplace…not knowing the chimney was blocked. The place was soon on fire but they got out unharmed.

They have lost all the possessions…and because they had just arrived they don’t have insurance.