No one hurt in Dieppe fire

A fire Friday evening in Dieppe is providing some teaching lessons.

Deputy Fire Chief Conrad Landry told the Times and Transcript it turned out to be an electrical fire in a wire they traced to the attic of the house on Gauvin Road. He says the homeowner sensed some kind of problem earlier in the day…could smell light smoke…but didn’t call until later.

Landry says it’s an important lesson…if a fuse or a breaker pops and you smell smoke and you’re not sure why…call the fire department right away, don’t wait.  They have sensors which can detect a fire hidden in the walls.