Halifax Police Investigating Two Cases of Food Tampering

A pair of dangerous eating incidents were reported to police in Halifax on Saturday. Police say a 9-year-old girl was eating a leftover halloween candy at residence on Oak Street in Dartmouth around 7pm when she discovered a sewing needle inside a chocolate bar. About a half-hour later police received a report of man on Kennedy Drive in Dartmouth who chewed on a thumb tack in a bowl of cereal he was eating. There were no injuries resulting from either incident but Halifax Police say they are investigating.