Fire in hoarder’s house

A man was taken to hospital as a precaution after a fire yesterday morning at his St. Stephen home.  The fire started on the first floor and  spreading through the house.

St. Stephen Fire Chief Jeff Richardson told the Telegraph-Journal the man was a hoarder and the house was packed with piles of books, furniture, bed frames and other possessions which filled most of the space making it unsafe for his crews to go inside. They called in an excavator to tear the house down.