Burning Couch Sets Fire to Saint John Residence

The Saint John Fire Department is investigating after a burning sofa nearly burned down a house. The Telegraph Journal is reporting that the Fire department responded to residence on Saint John Street around 3am on Saturday morning. A couch that was leaning up against the residence was fully engulfed in flames and the fire was spreading to the house. Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze before it took hold of the residence. The house suffered minor damage to it’s siding.