Dalhousie being sued over student’s death

Dalhousie University is being sued by the parents of a Chinese student who died of alcohol poisoning in a residence.

Peter Shang and Weihong Bai of China filed a statement of claim last week against the University, four other students and McKesson Canada Corp which operates the medical help line 8-1-1, according to Local Xpress.

The parents allege they were negligent in the death of 19 year old Melody Shang who died after drinking vodka, getting sick and passing out in a university residence in November last year.

None of the allegations has been proven in court.